Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's a 10 Miracle Mask




Winter is the season when hair goes crazy!  In December, my hair had been doing any and everything weird. It went from being dry/frizzy and feeling like straw one day to being greasy the next day.  That was my cue to start using hair masks again, but the ones I used to like either changed (or my hair changed) and they didn't seem to work for me anymore.  I went to CVS in search of a new one and found my new hair love:  It's a 10 Miracle Mask.  It's pricy for a drugstore item, around $21-$30 depending on the store and location, but it was on sale and I had heard great things about it, so I thought it was a good time to try it.  Plus, it should last a while because it is to be used only 1-2 times a week.  It took me from December 15-February 6 to finish it.  Note:  This post contains my opinions, which may differ from yours.

It's a 10 promises ten things in all of their hair care products and the mask's promises are:


  • Detangles
  • Restores moisture and balance
  • Instantly restores elasticity
  • Softens
  • Smoothes
  • Imparts luminous shine
  • Enhances natural body
  • Nourishes
  • Defrizzes
  • Improves color vibrancy


My thoughts?  My goodness!  It changed my hair in the first use and did everything it said it would, that I could tell.  I don't know if it "instantly restored elasticity" in my hair (I'm not going to stretch my hair to test that.  heh.) or really nourished it (that's subjective), but everything else happened. I didn't fight with my comb, my hair looked and felt amazing, looked redder than ever (YEAH!!), and didn't get oily at the roots for two days (It would have oiled up by the next day, before.).  It got better and better with each use!  I highly recommend it.

Here's how I use it every week:  I scoop out an amount slightly smaller than a golf ball and rub it between my hands.   If I have really dry hair that day, I mix in an oil treatment.  I apply the mask to my hair from where I would secure my ponytail and down to the tips, finger-combing it through as well.  I pat the top of my head with the product left on my hands (There is very little left at this point.).  Yes, hair masks weigh down roots, but you shouldn't neglect them, either or else you will produce sebum to compensate, making your hair greasy.  After coating my hair with the mask, I twist my hair into a bun and slide on a conditioning cap (Not a shower cap.  There is a difference.)  for the remainder of my shower or I wrap up in a robe and chill for 15 minutes for a deep-deep conditioning.  I then rinse it out with lukewarm water, then cold water.  This is slightly high-maintenance, but worth it to me!  :)

If you have any questions about this product, just leave a comment here or on Facebook if you know me there.

<3  M

No comments:

Post a Comment