Thursday, December 29, 2011

FREAK


Hello!  Time for a review of one of my Christmas presents/new products!

I started getting into perfume in the last two years.  It's like the cherry on top of a great look.  You don't see it, but the right perfume can ooze sexiness, sweetness, or whatever you want to convey.  Up until now, my favorite scents have been Burberry Brit Sheer for day, Prada for night (I am still working with the sample- haven't had to buy it yet!), and Marc Jacobs Daisy for an anytime, anyplace scent (I get a sample every three months because Sephora likes to promote it like crazy.  No complaints here!)  Prada may get shelved soon  because I have found a scent that has blown me away:  Freak by Illamasqua.  It is a unisex fragrance, meant to suit just about everyone.  (Body chemistry varies and some people's won't work with certain scents, but you get the picture.)

Coolest bottle ever, too!


This scent certainly lives up to its name.  It is very unusual in the sense that it smells like a garden of every flower I've never had the pleasure of smelling before.   It's not surprising- all of the notes contain fragrances of things I've never seen in my life, much less smelled:

Top notes: Black Davana, Opium Flower, and Belladonna
Heart Notes:  Poison Hemlock, Datura, and Queen of the Night (It only blooms for one night each year!)
Base Notes:  Frankincense, Oud, and Myrrh  (Did Illamasqua hold up the Magi?!)

Yeah, it's an unusual combination, but when I sprayed it on...Okay, I have to be honest.  The first time I sprayed it on, I didn't think I would like it.  When I sprayed it on paper and when it was wet on my skin, it smelled like an old lady wearing men's cologne.  Once it dried on my skin and it warmed up a little... it smelled fantastic, exotic, floral, woody, and oh, so sexy!  I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists.  It also lasted for a good while- six hours while I was awake and it was still going pretty strong when I was going to sleep.

This scent is great for night- it was made for a nighttime setting, according to Illamasqua.  I fully agree; it's too heavy for the day in my opinion.  Also, for application, I would suggest one spritz and gently pressing your wrists together.  I normally wouldn't suggest rubbing wrists together with perfume (It does something weird to the scent.), but this is really strong.  As long as the pressing is done gently, just enough to transfer some of the perfume, the fragrance shouldn't be affected.

This scent is now available on sephora.com- $90 for 2.5 oz.  This may sound expensive, but this perfume will last a long, long time.  I would also suggest trying to get a sample first if you are unsure about how this will smell.  I will set up links to getting samples if I find any.



<3  M

No comments:

Post a Comment