Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Color Correctors I: Counteract Redness

Hello lovely people!  Hope you all are doing well.  If you are like me, you are looking for ways to use less makeup on your face to make your skin look its best.  In a previous post, I stress the importance of cleansing and moisturizing, but there are some things that cleansing cannot help.  There are discolorations in every type of skin.  Some people have redness, some have dark under eye circles, and some have areas that need to be brightened.

I hope you're not having too hellish of a time with allergies like I am.  While your main focus should be clearing the snot out of your nose and not coughing yourself into oblivion, I have a makeup tip to help with the redness your nose will develop in this time.  This way, if you have an important event to go to, like an interview, you will look pulled together and not under the weather.  If you have redness, use a green or yellow color correcting base, concealer, or powder.  I personally use yellow because green makes the red areas on my face too dark.  Just experiment and figure out what looks good on you and what formula works best for you.

I have mild rosacea, which means my skin- my cheeks, to be more specific- turn red easily, especially in harsh weather conditions, and stay that way for a long time.  This sometimes eliminates my need for blush, but other times, it is too spread out and I need to get rid of the redness.  For those times, I reach for my yellow color correcting powder.  I am really loving the one from Sally Hansen and Carmindy.  It works really well, it doesn't cost too-too much (drugstore item), and a little goes a long way so the product lasts a long time.


I hope this helps those of you with an overabundance of redness.  Next post, I will talk about correctors for dark under-eye circles.  If you would like to learn more regarding the application of the correctors or recommendations, leave a comment or shoot me a message on Facebook.

Stay beautiful and don't let allergies get you down!

-M

P.S.

Leave comments as to what you would like to see on this blog.  I have a few step-by-step looks in my mind, but I'd like to know what looks/techniques you all are wanting to learn or try.  I'm open to any and all suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what my skin's like (rosacea as well as getting redness and blotches from various shampoos and skincare). It's also very dry and flaky and just horrible :c You should try MUA prime and conceal with Revlon colourstay foundation. It's AMAZING! Revlon colourstay is the best foundation I've ever come across as it doesn't stick to dry patches and it literally makes my skin feel like silk :) It also covers up redness if you use a light base of MUA prime and conceal beforehand!

    ReplyDelete