Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quick Tip: When to Set Your Makeup (a.k.a.: Learn Something New Every Day)

I have seen on different videos different times to put powder on one's foundation to set it.  I followed the Chapman Sisters' (Youtube's Pixiwoo) lead by powdering as the very last step.  To me, it was just a finishing touch, tying together every step done on the face.  Now I know the reasons concerning why they insist on applying powder last:  1.) foundation will cake up if powdered too quickly and 2.) powder will diffuse any harsh lines from blush or bronzer and blend the color(s) into your skin, creating a natural finish.


I love learning new techniques and the reasons behind them!  If you ever learn one, please let me know; I'm always up for trying new approaches in makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment