Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quick Tip: Make High-End Products Last Longer

I love my skincare products.  They usually keep my skin in top form (Nothing is going to clear my skin in times of hormones and stress!) and all of them are high-end because I am trying to eliminate sulfates and parabens from my skincare and not many drugstore items are free of both.  Here's the thing, my skincare products last me from three to five months!  How is this possible because high-end products come in small bottles and jars?  Simple trick: emulsifying the products.

Most high-end cleansers and creams are super-concentrated; a tiny dab is all you need.  For cleansers, use an amount that is about half the size of a dime, rub between your fingertips and apply to a very wet face.  This will help the cleanser lather up and spread across your face, cleansing it all with just that one dab.  For moisturizers, it is a similar process.  Get a dime-sized amount and rub it between your fingers a couple of times and apply it to your face.  If you don't use a toner, use even less moisturizer while your face is still damp.

This is not to say that this cannot be used on cheaper products, but most are not as concentrated as higher-end products.  It is worth a try, though.  With this tip in mind, you can feel pampered for longer and you can really make your Sephora samples last.

Keep it beautiful and remember that less is more!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment