Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Product(s) I'm Loving: Real Techniques Brushes (and NOT because she mentioned me on her Real Looks Blog)

Real Techniques Travel Essentials


When working with makeup, it is essential to have good brushes, whether they are expensive like MAC or cheap like EcoTools.  I have brushes in every price range and have favorites and those I don't reach for unless the rest are dirty.  I hardly ever invest in a full set of any brand, but that changed with Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman.  This is the first brush range where I got every single brush.  (Not all at once, of course!)  Here are a few overarching reasons why I love these brushes:

  • They are 100% synthetic, so they are easy to clean and cruelty-free!
  • All of the larger brushes have flat bottoms, so they can stand up on your table and their bristles don't roll in spilled makeup
  • All of the multi-brush sets come in this pack that folds into a stand, holding all your brushes up, even those without flat bottoms
  • They are all so soffffffft!
  • They are all labeled for those who are new to makeup, even though you don't have to use the brushes as labeled.

Core Collection
The only downside I have found in these brushes goes along with a reason I like them- the synthetic bristles are easy to clean, but they take forever to dry!  That's the downside of any synthetic brush, but if that's the only flaw I could find, these brushes are doing well.  Don't think I haven't tried to find something wrong just because I admire Sam Chapman.  

Here are all of the brushes/brush sets:

  • Blush Brush
  • Core Collection 
    • Detailer Brush for concealer, but I love it as a lip brush
    • Pointed foundation brush
    • Buffing Brush (My favorite foundation brush!)
    • Contour brush
  • Slanted Foundation Brush
  • Kabuki Brush (It's a fold-out, modeled after the Sephora one.)
  • Lash/Brow Groomer 
  • Shading Brush for the eyes
  • Travel Essentials
    • Essential Foundation Brush
    • Multi-Task Brush (Perfect for blush and/or powder if you need to limit the number of brushes you can carry.)
    • Domed Shadow brush
  • Starter Kit (for eyes)
  • Starter Kit 
    • Base Shadow Brush
    • Deluxe Crease Brush (I use it for concealer.)
    • Accent Brush
    • Eyeliner Brush (I don't like this one as much because I prefer an angled brush for eyeliner.)
    • Brow Brush (I use it for eyeliner.)
  • Stippling Brush (The most popular of the brushes.  I had to try three times to get it!)
  • Powder Brush


My Favorite Brushes:

  • Buffing Brush- I love my foundation to be sheer and this brush does that job so well.
  • Crease Brush (Used as a concealer brush)- It blends concealer a lot better than other brushes on me.
  • Detail Brush (Used as a lip brush)- Small so I can outline and fill in my lips easily.
  • Multitask Brush- It's fluffy enough to apply a sheer layer of powder, but dense enough to apply blush.


Stippling Brush
All of these brushes are available at Ulta and Ulta.com with prices ranging from $5.99-$15.99, very reasonable prices for makeup brushes.  If you are searching for some high-quality, but low-priced brushes, I would recommend these above all others.

If you have any questions about these brushes, don't hesitate to leave a comment and ask me!

-M




Note:  This is not a sponsored blogpost.  I wanted to rave about these products because I love working with them.  I wish I was paid to promote them!  Photos are screenshots from Ulta.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment