Thursday, August 25, 2011

Skincare Review: Organix Ever Clear Teatree Willowbark (for Oily Skin)

Skincare is essential to beauty.  The better your skin looks, the less makeup you'll need.  I love trying new skincare products, especially organic and natural products for drugstore prices.  If I can find something as good as high end for a lower price, I'm a happy person.

I love the company Organix- I've used their shampoos and conditioners and I switch back and forth between them and the L'Oreal Everstrong haircare products.  When I found out that they came out with skincare systems, I wanted to try them.  At the time, I was using a couple of higher-end products and was searching for cheaper alternatives.  I hoped that I had found replacements in the Organix Teatree and Willowbark line (for oily skin), so I bought the trial system- a small amount of the cleanser, toner, and treatment lotion.  On the Organix website, it boasts:  "This 3 step system that is naturally better than Proactiv® contains antimicrobial tea tree oil to provide relief along with a natural salicylic acid derived from willow bark to penetrate and reduce the size, swelling, and redness of acne, while patented EverMat™ complex is clinically proven to remarkably reduce skin shine, pore size and sebum flow."


So, does this system do what it claims?  Well, I cannot say anything about Proactiv except that I hate the commercials, but the system works really well with my skin.  The cleanser (used with my Clarisonic) cleansed my skin really well.  Every time I stepped out of the shower, my skin felt super-soft and not too dry.  The toner felt very refreshing and didn't strip my skin of its oils as some tend to do.  The anti-acne treatment lotion was my favorite part of the system.  I used it more for pore refining because I don't get a lot of pimples, but my pores tend to be on the big side and this lotion is recommended for the treatment of pimples and clogged pores.  After using the system for over a month (plus moisturizing with my Clinique Moisturesurge), my skin looks better than ever!


Final thoughts on the system:  It is amazing!  I will continue using the cleanser and lotion, but I will go back to my high-end toner because even though the Organix one was lovely, I still like my old toner better.  Plus, toner lasts forever with me, so I don't mind spending a bit more for it.  


If you have oily skin and want to try something more natural and organic, I would definitely recommend this system.  If you have any specific questions about it, leave a question.


Hope my fellow oily skinned people found this useful.  If you want to check out this system or the Ever Radiant and Ever Ageless lines, click here.   


-M

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review :) i just bought this 10 minutes ago lol. im excited to use this and the smell seems like it would wake my skin up in the morning! im 15 and JUST starting to get acne (which for me is a few pimples, but I still fret about it :P) thanks so much xoxo michelle

    ReplyDelete